Thursday, April 24, 2008

ahh the little thrills of running

so this morning, i was jogging along down the street,breathing in that wonderfully thick, humid air. in my own little world, when i suddenly noticed a large, black, vicious hairball of a dog running at me with a nice set of sharp teeth. to my surprise and dismay he was only about 6 feet away from me and coming(usually they bark or you can hear them them running towards you, but this fellow was a quit the ambusher). luckily my years of running and being chased by dogs has fine tuned my instincts for these kind of situations. my mouth instantly opened and my lungs erupted with a series of threats and commands in my most terrifying voice. lucky for me the dog skidded to a stop (much too close for comfort) instead of taking a chunk out of my exposed thigh. i backed away from him, still yelling, for a couple feet and then continued on my way. I'm glad i didn't have kona and granite w me, a fight would have surely arisen.

4 comments:

SVEN said...

Good story! I think you made it up, though. We all know you stopped working out when you went to Texas!!!!
P.S. What are all your favorite new tv shows?

kori said...

I wish you'd just shut your yapper!!
haha, so what if i have gained a few pounds, oreos dipped in cream cheese and peanut butter is an irresistible meal with fudge for dessert. you should try it sven, if you have a piece of celery with it, you will actually lose weight, its fabulous really!

Mary Grace said...

love all the pics! AND I do know how that nice humid running can be. and dogs and running really scare me. instead of yelling at that dog, i i probably would have curled up in the fetal position whimpering....

William Cobb said...

whoa... dude... it must also come from all those years of herding cows up in da mountains of idaho. that dog knew you boss around much bigger beasts than him.