Friday, April 20, 2007

The playground

Me and Jo went climbing near blackfoot at a place called the Playground. it's got some pretty fun climbs. me and jo both led our first 5.11's!! Hoot Yah! it was almost dark when we pulled out and we heard something kinda thump, but we didn't think anything of it and drove home. when we got home, we discovered that my tail gate had fallen down. Luckily the dogs were o.k. the gate on their kennel was off, so you can imagine their horror going home, watching things fly out of the truck and pushing their paws down against the bed to keep the kennel from sliding out. to my gut wrenching horror my climbing bag had fallen out! we figured, including my backpack, my gear, and my rope inside, it totalled out to around $400. We quickly jumped back in and drove the same route back. Amazingly enough, my backpack was sitting in the dirt where we had parked, SOOOO Happy! so from now on i will check my tail gate. it was an awesome little climbing trip, good times.

Three days ago i started working for the Fish and Game. I'll be working for fisheries doing creel surverys and will work as a habitat/wildlife technician also. It should be a fun summer.

2 comments:

Mary Grace said...

sweet kori! love all the pics!!! hows life? havent seen yuou in a while! what are you doing, climbing 5.11s?? what am i supposed to do now?! my leading partner got too good for me... :( sad day

Tiffani said...

I led my first route today! First it was a 5.9 and then I did a 10. It was awesome because I showed up two guys on the ten. The playground is tons of fun. I went there a lot finals week with Dean and Heather. Geez.. I wish I could be up in Idaho with you guys climbing every day. P.S. I'm officially signed up for the Logan Marathon too. Happy times.